Year 2 Week 4
- My daughter does not appreciate the beauty of flowers she only likes to pick all of the buds off the bush to rip them apart.
- The trading ratio for vegetables are as this: 2 peas for 1 grape, 3 corn for 1 blueberry. I like that she gets if and then.
Year 2 Week 3
- Rose got frustrated that she was done going potty and I was not wiping her bum. Instead of saying “wipe my bum” she said something that sounded like “wipe obama” which is funny cause she likes President Obama
- Balloons are still floating around the house from her birthday. Rose will bring one to you and request for you to hit the ceiling with it. She also want’s you to hit the TV as well which happened by accident one day and she thought it was so funny that it should happen again.
Year 2 Week 2
- Operation Tinkle Time has commenced. The upside to potty training is your carpet and sofa gets a cleaning. The downside of potty training is asking “Do you have to go potty” every few minutes all day long it gets old really fast.
- For her birthday she was more excited about the birthday candle than the cupcake. So much so that she didn’t want to take it out even to eat it. She just ate around it.
- And yes she wore her sunglasses all during dinner.
Year 2 Week 1
- At her two year check up where she wanted nothing to do with the Doctor Rose was 36 inches tall and 29 pounds. That means that she grew .5 inches and 1 pound a month. It also means that she has bumped into the top percentile in height, weight, and head size.
- My parental challenge is to teach Rose how to replace the decisive toddler “NO” to a polite “no thank you”. I think it is doable but it will take a while.
Year 1 Week 52
- While we snuggle before bed Rose will sometimes request a song. The first time she did this it was “You are my Sunshine” which is a song that describes how I feel about her. It melts my heart to know that she likes to have me sing it to her.
- One of our favorite Rose-isms is when she is looking for us and she says “Mommy, are you?” “Daddy, are you?”