Year 2 Week 3
- Rose got frustrated that she was done going potty and I was not wiping her bum. Instead of saying “wipe my bum” she said something that sounded like “wipe obama” which is funny cause she likes President Obama
- Balloons are still floating around the house from her birthday. Rose will bring one to you and request for you to hit the ceiling with it. She also want’s you to hit the TV as well which happened by accident one day and she thought it was so funny that it should happen again.
While going thru the grocery store I realized that alot of people in my life are represented there.
Boston baked beans
While I was growing up I could always count on these being in my Grandpa’s pocket to share.
Dad likes to have a small snack and his snack of choice is toast.
Every time Mom went to Wendy’s she would order a taco salad from their salad bar. That is when they had a salad bar.
One thing you can count on during your visit to Casa de Spencer is a bowl of Wheaties in the morning.
My sister Val was the first to introduce me yellow curry. Neon yellow strong curry.
What I remember is that my brother likes sweets. Dr. Pepper, Worther’s Originals, and Junior Mints makes his day.
your amazing- doodle love
wonderful- happy dappy bits
watercolor- fierce mally
To get your own choose which color and set image as desktop picture
*Make sure to tile the image in the desktop options
stitch arch peach
stitch arch red
stitch arch sky blue
Year 2 Week 2
- Operation Tinkle Time has commenced. The upside to potty training is your carpet and sofa gets a cleaning. The downside of potty training is asking “Do you have to go potty” every few minutes all day long it gets old really fast.
- For her birthday she was more excited about the birthday candle than the cupcake. So much so that she didn’t want to take it out even to eat it. She just ate around it.
- And yes she wore her sunglasses all during dinner.
1. Happy balloons make everyone smile. We should have them around more often.
2. It is a sad day when your flat iron is no longer in the land of the living. That is the day you realize that a large amount of money is leaving your hands really soon.
3. I have found a new show, Supernatural. It scares the ba-gizzees out of me especially when I watch it by myself after Tom has gone to sleep. Why do I keep doing this to myself?
4. I know that it will soon be 100plus degrees but I would like to get one of these ballet sweater for next winter.
5 tips to make 52 week photo project
This past week I finished up my second year of a 52 project. When I started I had know idea that I would be still at it two years later. But I love that I can look back at how Rose has changed in that time. Here are some things that I have learned.
1. Pick a specific day during the week and always take the picture on that day.
Choose the one day during the week that is the slowest. Our day is Tuesday, Rose was born on Tuesday so that is why I choose it. If you miss your day it is not the end of the world just make sure you take one as soon as you are able.
2. Keep it simple.
You will be doing this every week so don’t make it a huge production. When I started I thought about using backdrops and stuff for style purposes but decided against it because if I know my self. If I did it I would become so overwhelming and would have burned out in four weeks.
3. Have the kids doing something.
It is hard to not have the same photo over and over since you are taking 52 of them. The easiest way to change it up is to have them doing a different activities. Also with keeping it simple make sure that the activities are something that doesn’t take a lot of effort.ex. reading, coloring, eating,
4. Get to know how your camera works.
Children move fast so have the right shutter speed and ISO. White balance is my biggest lesson/challenge because I take most of the photos inside. Pinterest is a treasure trove to find tutorial links on how to use your camera.
5. Take lots and lots of pictures.
When you think you have got that one shot take five more. It always happens that when I think I have got “the one” I look at all of them on the computer there is another shot that is even better.
6. Get down to kid level.
Getting down to their eye level changes everything. Seeing their eyes, their expressions, and facial features is so much better than the top of their heads. Laying on my tummy is the most convenient/versatile position that I usually end up in.
7. Don’t always have them smile.
Kids are not always happy. They are not smiling all the time so capture as many expression as you can. Plus some of the crazier ones could be used for blackmail when they are sweet sixteen.
Hope this helps you tackle your own 52 project.