Who needs orange carrots? Ok, a black carrot would not be pleasant to eat but Rose doesn’t use orange that much.
I love that she sits at her desk and paints not one, not two, but three pictures. Then gets mad at me when I don’t let her get more paper from the printer to keep painting. I think if I let her she would paint a whole ream of paper.
Paint your own and share it with us. #playdateprintable
Year 3 Week 47
-We have been preparing for her birthday. She has to be reminded that today is not her birthday.
– Sometimes instead of just saying yes Rose will respond with a very positive “of course”.
– Charlie is 20 pounds 2 ounces and 31 inches long. He also sneaked in a new front top tooth.
– I had one of those moments today at breakfast when Charlie seems older overnight. It might have been his hair is thicker or he is turning one in two weeks but he defiantly looks older.
Year 3 week 46
– Sometimes for breakfast Rose will ask for “silly blue goo”. I know the phrase comes from a Dr. Seuss book but I have to idea what she expects blue goo would taste like.
– Our playgroup went to a local fire station this week. She learned that we are her words allergic to fire so don’t touch it. We have also been practicing her “STOP, DROP, and ROLL” technique.
– This kid loves his binki, blankie, and bedtime. He loves to snuggle the blankie when it is time to go to sleep and I have to wait for him to start making noise telling me he is done.
– When he is done drinking he has a trick that I call the sip and spit. If I don’t catch him doing this fun trick his shirt is soaked thru after he eats.
1- I have not heard the song Thank You for the Music for a few years but I have loved it from the second I discovered it on the Mama Mia cd. I would belt it out on my way home from work. I like singing but when I am alone is the only time that I really sing. Anyways I can’t get to the end on the song without feeling truly grateful and start crying. It gets me every time.
2- How did I miss this super funny movie? Crazy Stupid Love! I am glad that I finnaly climbed out of my hole to see what I was missing. Oh, you are welcome for the eye candy.
3- I ordered this crown for Rose’s 4th birthday photo shoot. I am so excited for her to wear it.
4- Being an adult is awesome – choosing to have ice cream for dinner – awesome. Realizing all the decisions and choices that comes with being an adult – not so awesome.
Year 3 Week 45
– Rose grows a quarter of an inch each month. Which means she is going to need taller pants very soon.
– If you ask Rose if she likes Charlie she will say “No, I only like baby Emma.” Emma is her friend that is five months older than Charlie and can walk. I guess the grass is always greener.
– We got good and bad news at the Dr. Office this week. Bad that Charlie has double ear infection. Good that he is finally 20 pounds. He sat at 18 lbs for three months so any gain is good news.
– He started to do the army crawl. A slow push with one foot and pull with his arms is how he is moving. Sometimes he messes it up and smooshes his face into the ground.
With lots of wispy hair, a scratched nose and the urged to crawl away guess who turned 11 months last week.
This is two week old Charlie and 11 month old Charlie I can not believe the change.
My Dad takes lots of pictures. He has always taken lots of pictures especially when we are at an event usually with large amounts of people. I remember being annoyed that we had to pose for one more picture or embarrassed that he asked everyone to gather. I am sure that he said that some day I will thank him for taking so many pictures. Well that day has come.
Ten years ago my Dad came to Tom’s debate competition and took these pictures.
He had no I idea that these would be only pictures that Tom would have taken with his debate partner Trevor. Or that ten years later because Trevor would be going thru the battle of brain cancer Tom wished that he had a picture of the two of them back in the day. But because my Dad is awesome a simple text and some searching in old files he sent these gems to Tom.
So thanks Dad. Hope I learned well so that I can embarrass Rose and Charlie with all the pictures I take that they have to thank me later too.
Please take a moment to read Trevor’s story and learn how awesome he and his family is.