– Charlie had his first ear infection this week. It involved a low fever, restless sleep, and lots of snot.
– He likes to chew on any kind of tag. Mostly it is his swaddle blanket tag but he finds them on toys also if they happen to have one.
Year 3 Week 26
– She likes to watch football with Daddy. She especially likes to say “go,go,go,go” when they run the ball and it ends with an awe.
1. The princess has killed the witch. Tonight I saw hundreds of children dressed up for Halloween half of them were Princesses to my recollection I didn’t see one witch. So I say again the princess has killed the witch.
2. Awesome costumes.
3. Jimmy Fallon is giving blueprints for all of us to dress up like him.
4. This would be my costume if I was really serious about dressing up this year.
Princess Merida went out on the town tonight.
We went a local shopping district for some trick or treating. Her bucket is half full, she boogied with friends, and even saw Anna and Elsa. It was a success.
Here are Rose’s favorite library books from this week.
Miss Nelson is missing by James Marshall
Rose liked it when I read Miss Viola Swamp in a witchy voice.
Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
Great way to teach colors. It also shows how plants grow and change over the summer.
1- I thought a braid was a braid. I was the youngest kid so I never had someone to experiment hairdo’s on. Some day I will try these different braids on Rose. photo credit
2- My five things essential things would be seat, wheels, easy access basket, cup holder, and sturdy buckles. Their 5 things
3- Sometimes looking back you find exactly what you like. Vintage rings are always beautiful.
4- I am down to pre-Charlie weight but myself is not back to its original self. Which means somethings fit and others just laugh at me for trying them on. It is better and funnier explained here.
When I was still pregnant with Charlie I was not wowed by the options that boys have in in the fashion department. I would start looking at the boys and end up over in the girls browsing for Rose. Then I received really good advice-
Buy the boys super cute shoes. Here are some examples
1- stride rite shoes
2- freshly picked
3- gap shoes
4- tux shoes
– This is how Charlie looks at Daddy. Every time he walks in to room Charlie starts to grin. It makes me happy to see him love his Daddy so much.
– He can sit up all by himself. He has had a few soft fall and one good solid thud to the floor fall but now he has the hang of it. He has yet to roll over by himself. I guess he has not seen the point of rolling.
Year 3 Week 25
– We took the car to the shop to get something fixed. Rose’s first reaction at seeing the open bays with mechanics working was to declare that we had found “the steam works” as in where Thomas the Train sleeps at night. Her next observation was that in order to have the car fixed it needed to be up in the air and have the wheels taken off. We were having the window fixed so unfortunately the wheels did not come off.
– Rose started a gymnastic class. She is learning to flip, jump, and balance. When they asked her to do cartwheels it was a little to much at this stage of the game. It is the highlight of her whole Tuesday.
Here are some other things we have been up to for “happy Halloween” from our Halloween Countdown Calender
Coloring pumpkins card
Rose chose the color and we took turns coloring the pumpkins. We still have to send it off to someone in the mail.
Making our front door a Monster.
Rose loves this one every time we leave the house she smiles and laughs at her silly monster.