1- Rose loves the sand at the park. She will play the majority of the time there so now that we have a back yard I ask myself do I want to put a sand box out back? Do I want sand to make its way into the house? Do I want Rose to love playing outside in it? Would it become a hostel for all the creepy crawly biting things out there? plans for that sandbox
2- Thank goodness for YouTube. As a newbie at home improvement it has come in really handy.
3- I am leaning towards this color to paint first. But I am stuck as to which room to start with and I know rose will be all about helping. Painting is my relaxing quiet time so I am not sure if I want/could handle her help. It might get to messy literally and figuratively.
4- While pulling weeds in my back yard I found a distinct leaf shaped weed growing. Sure hope it is the non useful kind of weed and not the illegal one.
Year 1 Week 26
– If these steps were not so big Charlie would have been up in the cab of the fire truck in three seconds.
– He can now say help, bath tub, light, walk, down, sit, and milk.
Year 4 Week 23
– Lately Roses stories have started with ” in 1971″ and then involve dragons, Jesus, and pumpkins.
– When she gets dressed or goes to the bathroom Rose likes to tuck her shirt into her pants. So she always has skinny pants with a slight bulge at the top.
Year 4 week 22
– Rose stayed in a hotel for the first time this week. Her favorite part was going up and down in the elevator.
– After a talk about where it belongs Rose tried peppermint gum for the first time. Her face was a mix of dislike and interest. She hasn’t asked for another piece.
Year 1 week 25
– If anything happens in his diaper he will let you know by telling you poops. This is helpful except when we are on a long car ride and he tells you he pooped when it was only wets. It is a little boy crying wolf situation.
– Charlie stood by himself this week. He was preoccupied with looking around the children’s museum that he allowed himself to stand alone for a whole 30 seconds.
Year 4 week 21
– Rose has learned that sometimes people get old and their batteries run out.
– For breakfast there is only one flavor of yogurt that Rose likes, peach. She will pull every cup out of the box to find that last peach one.
Year 1 week 24
– Charlie has found the deliciousness that is ketchup. He will dip anything like peaches in it or eat it straight off his tray.
– This kid loves to brush his teeth. Any time we are in or near a bathroom he insisted for his tooth brush.
Year 1 Week 23
– Barbra Ann by the Beach Boys is Charlie’s favorite song. We discovered on our long road trips that he likes to sing the b’s and clap along.
– While getting ready to sleep in the same bed with Charlie I learned by personal pain that he will be so excited that he will head butt you right in the nose.
Year 4 Week 20
– Playing in Grandma and Grandpa’s boat with cousins for Rose was the greatest even if it wasn’t even in the water.
– In true childhood fashion Rose tripped this week and smashed her lip. It took two days for the swelling to go down and less than a week for the scab to all disappear. But it still took a few extra days for Rose to notice that her lip was healed.
1- I will need to find more patience when it comes to helping with homework. Do you have any suggestions?
2- If you have a kids table don’t fall in love with it too much. It’s a kids table they will color on it, spill on it, and yes even bang on it till there are dents in it.
3- Can anyone explain to me the purpose of a hoodie shirt? It won’t keep you dry, keep you warm, and it is in the way when you have to put on a jacket.
4- Visit a 80’s murder mystery sometime by watching some “Murder she wrote”. You will find it fun and slightly cheesy.