– This is how Charlie looks at Daddy. Every time he walks in to room Charlie starts to grin. It makes me happy to see him love his Daddy so much.
– He can sit up all by himself. He has had a few soft fall and one good solid thud to the floor fall but now he has the hang of it. He has yet to roll over by himself. I guess he has not seen the point of rolling.
Year 3 Week 25
– We took the car to the shop to get something fixed. Rose’s first reaction at seeing the open bays with mechanics working was to declare that we had found “the steam works” as in where Thomas the Train sleeps at night. Her next observation was that in order to have the car fixed it needed to be up in the air and have the wheels taken off. We were having the window fixed so unfortunately the wheels did not come off.
– Rose started a gymnastic class. She is learning to flip, jump, and balance. When they asked her to do cartwheels it was a little to much at this stage of the game. It is the highlight of her whole Tuesday.
Here are some other things we have been up to for “happy Halloween” from our Halloween Countdown Calender
Coloring pumpkins card
Rose chose the color and we took turns coloring the pumpkins. We still have to send it off to someone in the mail.
Making our front door a Monster.
Rose loves this one every time we leave the house she smiles and laughs at her silly monster.
– Charlie does not like butternut squash even when it is hidden with other foods. This is the first thing that he has disliked.
– He is now six months old. I can’t believe that he has been here half a year.
Congrats to Sherry the winner of the Happy Halloween Banner.
Even here in hot, sunny Vegas we can go hunting for a pumpkin. Rose played in the dirt, jumped off hay bales, helped me pull up a corn stock, and finished it off with some cinnamon donuts.
Mission accomplished we now have one huge pumpkin and some corn stocks. As usual Charlie enjoyed being pushed around drinking his prune juice being sweet.
As requested by Grandpa Grover I put Charlie in a pumpkin like I did with baby Rose. They are both born in April so I knew that they would still small enough to fit inside a big one.
I can’t decide if I just got a smaller pumpkin for Charlie or if he is really that much bigger than Rose was. But considering that he is already in 12 month sized clothes when she was still in 6 months I think it is all him. To me looks a really cute pimpkin humpty dumpty.
He didn’t really like the cold wetness of the pumpkin so we had to take a binki break.
This was the one and only smile that we got out of him because Rose played peekaboo with him. Then she refused to do it again.
PS. don’t forget to comment to win the
Happy Halloween banner for your house.
It ends tomorrow.
Here is some fun that Rose and I have had with our Countdown to Halloween. Making mummies and skeletons. Her water colored skeleton looks more like Day of the Dead than scary Halloween though. But she had a fun time coloring it and helping me put the pieces in the right order.
Giveaway is now close
In my effort to decorate the house for Halloween I wanted a tall, bold banner to hang on the door or in my case a skinny wall in my kitchen. I like that it is big, graphic, and mixes well with all my other classic fall decorations. While I was making it I realized that there was enough materials to keep one for myself and one to give away.
If you want a chance to win this banner leave a comment on this post to toss your name in the hat.
A winner will be randomly picked on Tuesday Oct. 14.
As a side note there is nothing funnier that Rose “helping” me pulling the corn stocks out of the ground at our local farm/pumpkin patch. She grabbed a leaf and gently tugged thinking that this would rip the plant out. Then I had to watch her carefully on the way home because she and Mickey Mouse kept playing with the leaves that were sticking out from the back of the car.